Lowestoft Town midfielder hopes victory can be catalyst for season
Lowestoft Town midfielder Erkan Okay hopes the Blues' long-awaited win at East Thurrock can be 'the start of something' after a difficult start to the campaign.
The Trawlerboys finally gained their first away win of the season in midweek, arresting a run of five games without a win in the process, and Okay hopes the club can start climbing the Ryman League Premier table.
'There have been games in which we've deserved to get nothing from the game but the last few we definitely have deserved something,' he said. 'This could be the start of something hopefully.'
Lowestoft are without a game this afternoon due to scheduled opponents Wealdstone being in FA Cup action and the management team hope it gives the squad a chance to recover from their tricky start to the campaign.
The tide appears to be turning in the Blues' favour following their victory over East Thurrock and Okay admitted their midweek success came as a relief to everyone.
You may also want to watch:
'It was a complete away performance, everything from work rate to going forward, where we looked dangerous,' said the midfielder. 'We put in absolutely everything and it's a great feeling.'
Okay put in the kind of tireless performance that saw him win the player of the season award alongside Jack Defty and the former Histon man was pleased with his display. 'I was just trying to get my tackles in and do what I'm in there to do but everyone from one to 11 were different class,' he added.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 7 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
'It was the complete team performance. With us slightly changing the formation it's helped us push up the field more.'