Lowestoft Town keen to add to injury ravaged squad
- Credit: James Bass
Joint boss Ady Gallagher admits it will be difficult for Lowestoft Town to challenge for promotion unless they are able to strengthen their squad.
Adam Smith and Erkan Okay were the latest to be crocked when the Trawlerboys fought out a goalless draw at Metropolitan Police on Saturday.
With only 16 senior players, Gallagher said that more injuries will leave the Blues worryingly short of options.
'We're going to have to be extremely lucky to maintain a charge with only 16 senior players,' said Gallagher, whose side welcome Hampton & Richmond this afternoon.
'I know the 16 are good enough. As I've said, I believe they are the strongest group we've had. But injuries or suspensions will have a massive impact.
You may also want to watch:
'We need to be lucky in that regard to stand half a chance. Realistically if we are to push on then we need to add to our squad but the chairman understands that and hopefully we can do something in the near future.'
Smith (hamstring), Okay (dead leg) and Dan Gleeson (hamstring) are all likely to be missing today.
- 1 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 2 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 6 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 7 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 8 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 9 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 10 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk