Lowestoft Town keen to add to injury ravaged squad
- Credit: James Bass
Joint boss Ady Gallagher admits it will be difficult for Lowestoft Town to challenge for promotion unless they are able to strengthen their squad.
Adam Smith and Erkan Okay were the latest to be crocked when the Trawlerboys fought out a goalless draw at Metropolitan Police on Saturday.
With only 16 senior players, Gallagher said that more injuries will leave the Blues worryingly short of options.
'We're going to have to be extremely lucky to maintain a charge with only 16 senior players,' said Gallagher, whose side welcome Hampton & Richmond this afternoon.
'I know the 16 are good enough. As I've said, I believe they are the strongest group we've had. But injuries or suspensions will have a massive impact.
You may also want to watch:
'We need to be lucky in that regard to stand half a chance. Realistically if we are to push on then we need to add to our squad but the chairman understands that and hopefully we can do something in the near future.'
Smith (hamstring), Okay (dead leg) and Dan Gleeson (hamstring) are all likely to be missing today.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 7 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 8 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel