Lowestoft Town get going in pre-season with Enfield win
Lowestoft Town scored their first goals and win of pre-season over Enfield Town on Saturday, with a 3-2 victory at Crown Meadow.
Town fielded 17-year-old Yarmouth goalkeeper Jake Jessup and triallist Erkan Okay at right-back, but Enfield scored first on 11 minutes. Adam Wallace made ground down the right before pulling back for Joe Stevens to score from 10 yards.
Enfield almost doubled their lead moments later, Dave Kendall crashing a volley against the bar.
Lowestoft finally got going and levelled in the 25th minute, Jamie Forshaw brought down for Adam Smith to send a trademark free-kick into the top corner.
Enfield regained their lead on the half-hour, Michael Bardle's free-kick was nodded down for Phil Kane to sweep home.
You may also want to watch:
It took Lowestoft four minutes to level again. Richard Woodrow found Lubo Guentchev, who cut inside before rifling in a 25-yard drive into the top corner.
Both sides made lots of changes at the break, before the winner came on 52 minutes, Guentchev brought down – and getting up to send his free-kick around the wall and inside the post.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 5 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 10 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
• Lowestoft Town: Jessup, Okay, Smith, Woodrow, Halliday, Gaughran, Guentchev, Mitchell, Clark, Forshaw, Godbold. Subs: Wilson, Francis, Nolan, Eykes, Fisk, Marsden, Ainsley, Bussens. Attendance: 261