Lowestoft Town get going in pre-season with Enfield win
Lowestoft Town scored their first goals and win of pre-season over Enfield Town on Saturday, with a 3-2 victory at Crown Meadow.
Town fielded 17-year-old Yarmouth goalkeeper Jake Jessup and triallist Erkan Okay at right-back, but Enfield scored first on 11 minutes. Adam Wallace made ground down the right before pulling back for Joe Stevens to score from 10 yards.
Enfield almost doubled their lead moments later, Dave Kendall crashing a volley against the bar.
Lowestoft finally got going and levelled in the 25th minute, Jamie Forshaw brought down for Adam Smith to send a trademark free-kick into the top corner.
Enfield regained their lead on the half-hour, Michael Bardle's free-kick was nodded down for Phil Kane to sweep home.
You may also want to watch:
It took Lowestoft four minutes to level again. Richard Woodrow found Lubo Guentchev, who cut inside before rifling in a 25-yard drive into the top corner.
Both sides made lots of changes at the break, before the winner came on 52 minutes, Guentchev brought down – and getting up to send his free-kick around the wall and inside the post.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 8 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 9 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 10 Coronavirus outbreak at construction company working on County Hall
• Lowestoft Town: Jessup, Okay, Smith, Woodrow, Halliday, Gaughran, Guentchev, Mitchell, Clark, Forshaw, Godbold. Subs: Wilson, Francis, Nolan, Eykes, Fisk, Marsden, Ainsley, Bussens. Attendance: 261