Coronavirus: Lowestoft Town games postponed for next two weekends
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Lowestoft Town’s next two league matches have been postponed.
Officials at the BetVictor Southern League announced on Friday, March 13 that they had postponed all matches for the next two weekends.
It means that Lowestoft's scheduled home league match at Crown Meadow on Saturday, March 14 against Hitchin Town and the away match at Banbury United on Saturday, March 21 have now been called off.
New dates for the fixtures will be rearranged and announced in due course.
A statement on the league's website said: 'Further to discussions this afternoon, a decision has been taken that all BetVictor Southern League matches will be postponed between Saturday, March 14 and Saturday, March 21 inclusive.
You may also want to watch:
'Therefore, there will be no matches taking place tomorrow (Saturday), next midweek or Saturday, March 21.
'A review of the situation will take place next Friday, March 20 and everyone will be notified of the decision as soon as possible regarding the continuation or otherwise of the competition from Monday, March 23.'
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 3 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 4 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 5 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 6 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 7 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 8 Electric scooter riders arrested for drink-driving
- 9 Tiny baby saved by 120-mile flight in 'wrong' helicopter
- 10 Driver may have fallen asleep before fatal crash, inquest hears