Lowestoft Town win hard-fought friendly at Gorleston
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft Town took the derby honours in Tuesday night's pre-season friendly against Gorleston at Emerald Park.
The higher ranked Trawlerboys were given a good work-out by the Greens in a goalless first half and it was a similar story after the break before the visitors finally got their noses in front just beyond the hour mark.
Lowestoft then added a second 11 minutes later to go home with a 2-0 win under their belts.
The Trawlerboys, who were beaten 3-1 by Bowers and Pitsea at the weekend in their final home friendly, begin their Southern League Premier Central campaign on Saturday week with a long trip to the Midlands to face Hednesford Town.
They then take on St Ives at Crown Meadow the following Tuesday evening.
Gorleston also kick-off their season in the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division on Saturday with a home game against Ely City before travelling to Norwich United the following Tuesday.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 3 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 4 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 5 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 6 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 7 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 8 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 9 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 10 Community rally together after fire rips through family home