Lowestoft Town win hard-fought friendly at Gorleston
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft Town took the derby honours in Tuesday night's pre-season friendly against Gorleston at Emerald Park.
The higher ranked Trawlerboys were given a good work-out by the Greens in a goalless first half and it was a similar story after the break before the visitors finally got their noses in front just beyond the hour mark.
Lowestoft then added a second 11 minutes later to go home with a 2-0 win under their belts.
The Trawlerboys, who were beaten 3-1 by Bowers and Pitsea at the weekend in their final home friendly, begin their Southern League Premier Central campaign on Saturday week with a long trip to the Midlands to face Hednesford Town.
They then take on St Ives at Crown Meadow the following Tuesday evening.
You may also want to watch:
Gorleston also kick-off their season in the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division on Saturday with a home game against Ely City before travelling to Norwich United the following Tuesday.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups