Lowestoft Town boss named manager of the month
- Credit: Matt Wilkinson/Focus Images Ltd
Lowestoft Town boss Ady Gallagher has been named the National League North manager of the month for December.
The Trawlerboys enjoyed an excellent end to 2015, picking up four wins and losing just once as Gallagher's men pulled themselves away from the foot of the table.
The foundations were laid in November when the Blues were undefeated in four games and Gallagher paid tribute to his players and his backroom team upon picking up the award.
'We were the form side for December – we had some great performances for that month,' said Gallagher, whose side face Worcester City at home on Saturday, kick-off 3pm. 'It's nice to get the recognition but obviously others deserve credit as well.
'It's not about me – every manager is only as good as the team he has got and I'm lucky to have a really good group around me.
You may also want to watch:
'I think since Dale Brooks (assistant manager) has come to the club he has had a massive impact on the dressing room. Also the players have been excellent for me as well – they have worked incredibly hard and they are moving forward in every game.
'The chairman the committee have stuck by me during some difficult times at the start of the season.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed