Lowestoft Town boss issues challenge to squad
Lowestoft Town boss Micky Chapman believes the Blues must get used to teams coming to Crown Meadow with a defensive frame of mind.
Lowestoft were frustrated last weekend by Carshalton Athletic, who parked the proverbial bus in front of their goal and challenged Chapman's men to break them down.
Despite creating several good chances, Lowestoft couldn't find a way through and Chapman admits it is a problem the club must come to terms with in the second half of the season.
'As our reputation builds as one of the frontrunners in the division we are going to have to get used to teams coming to Crown Meadow and playing defensively,' he said.
'You can't blame them for doing that and it's up to us to find a way round it but we showed on Saturday with the amount of chances that we created that we are capable of breaking down stubborn defences.'
You may also want to watch:
Croydon Athletic are likely to adopt the same tactics tomorrow while Lowestoft will have to contend with the absence of Scott Mitchell, who starts the first of a three match ban due to his sending off at AFC Hornchurch earlier this month.
Lee McGlone is also a doubt with a virus while Adrian Forbes is awaiting the results of a scan on his knee and is unlikely to be considered for selection.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Man and woman found dead in home