Lowestoft Town boss Ady Gallagher steps down
- Credit: Archant
Ady Gallagher has stepped down as manager of Lowestoft Town.
In a statement issued on the Blues' website Gallagher said that he feels he has taken the club as far as he can as manager and assistant Dale Brooks has been placed in charge.
'Following discussions with the new chairman (Alan Green) I have decided that it's time for me to step aside.
'I have had 18 wonderful years at the club, but a variety of challenging circumstances of the last few seasons has led me to believing that fresh impetus is needed to take the football side forward again.
'As a Lowestoft lad I've always tried to do my best for the club and I'm enormously proud of what has been achieved during my time here. The club and supporters have been so good to me and it's been a wonderful experience that will live with me forever.
You may also want to watch:
'I would like to thank all the great managers, coaches, players, staff, chairman and committee members that I have worked with over the years. I have shared some fantastic memories with you and the supporters and wish the club, Dale, the backroom staff and the lads every success in the future.'
Lowestoft thanked Gallagher for his time in charge and revealed they will be arranging 'some kind of benefit' for him in the future months.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
A further statement in regards to management will be released over the coming days.