Lowestoft Town boss Ady Gallagher steps down
- Credit: Archant
Ady Gallagher has stepped down as manager of Lowestoft Town.
In a statement issued on the Blues' website Gallagher said that he feels he has taken the club as far as he can as manager and assistant Dale Brooks has been placed in charge.
'Following discussions with the new chairman (Alan Green) I have decided that it's time for me to step aside.
'I have had 18 wonderful years at the club, but a variety of challenging circumstances of the last few seasons has led me to believing that fresh impetus is needed to take the football side forward again.
'As a Lowestoft lad I've always tried to do my best for the club and I'm enormously proud of what has been achieved during my time here. The club and supporters have been so good to me and it's been a wonderful experience that will live with me forever.
You may also want to watch:
'I would like to thank all the great managers, coaches, players, staff, chairman and committee members that I have worked with over the years. I have shared some fantastic memories with you and the supporters and wish the club, Dale, the backroom staff and the lads every success in the future.'
Lowestoft thanked Gallagher for his time in charge and revealed they will be arranging 'some kind of benefit' for him in the future months.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 4 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 5 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 6 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 7 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 8 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 9 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 10 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
A further statement in regards to management will be released over the coming days.