Lowestoft Town book place in Suffolk Premier Cup final
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2016
Lowestoft Town booked their place in the Suffolk Premier Cup Final after coming away from Newmarket Town with a hard-fought 2-0 victory.
The holders opened the scoring in the first half when Jamie Forshaw fired home after Shaun Bammant had nodded an excellent cross from Harry Barker into his path.
The Thurlow Nunn League side applied plenty of pressure after the break before Nico Cotton added a late second for Lowestoft.
Wroxham missed a chance to move off the bottom of Ryman League Division One North when they went down 2-0 at fourth from bottom Brentwood.
The Yachtsmen fell behind on the stroke of half-time when Lamar Reynolds opened the scoring and eight minutes into the second half Andrew Freeman made it two. It won't be long before Wroxham's relegation is mathematically confirmed as they now stand 17 points from safety with only seven games to play.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 7 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 8 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 9 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument