Lowestoft Town bid to get back in the title hunt
Lowestoft Town will tonight bid to bounce back from the disappointment of their FA Cup exit when they return to Ryman League action against Wingate & Finchley at Crown Meadow (kick-off 7.45pm).
The Blues, who put up a brave battle with ten men before going 3-2 at Conference club Braintree on Saturday, are down to eighth in the Premier Division after losing at home to promotion rivals Kingstonian in their last home game.
With a League Cup defeat on penalties at Soham in between they will be tonight in the unfamilar position of trying to end a run of three successive losses.
Wingate are three points behind Lowestoft in the table following their 3-1 loss at Lewes on Saturday.
�Twenty-four Thurlow Nunn League teams are in action tonight in the first round of the Red Insure Challenge Cup.
You may also want to watch:
There are three Norfolk derbies including two all-Premier Division affairs with Thetford Town at home to Norwich United and Gorleston hosting Diss Town. Another all Norfolk affair sees Dereham at home to Yarmouth.
�King's Lynn manager Gary Setchell is calling on the club's fans to turn up the noise levels. Setchell's in-form Linnets, second in Evo-Stik Division One South, welcome Gresley tonight having not lost in their six league matches at home. But Setchell admits he was concerned about the 'morgue' like atmosphere during Saturday's 1-0 win over Northwich and says: 'When the crowd are up for it the lads are buzzing and find that extra yard. When it's really quiet players get scared to make a mistake because they can hear the grumbling.'
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named