Lowestoft Town are ready for Cheshunt test, says Fleming
Lowestoft Town first team coach Craig Fleming insists the Blues will be taking tonight's Championship Manager Cup third round tie at Cheshunt very seriously.
Fleming admits that Lowestoft will be forced to rest some of their first team players due to having half an eye on Saturday's league clash against Tonbridge Angels but believes the Blues have got enough depth in their squad to advance.
'We will have to rest a few but we still see it as an important game,' he said. 'It's definitely a competition that we want to win.
'It doesn't take precedence over the league but that's not to say we won't be giving it our best.
'As a football club you want to win things and the further you go the more you want to be lifting a trophy at the end of it.'
Matt Nolan will not feature due to a recurrence of the achilles injury that kept him out earlier in the season while Andrew Cave-Brown is struggling with a hamstring problem, making him a doubt for Saturday.
- 1 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 2 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 4 Recycling centre closures planned as part of £15m County Hall cuts
- 5 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 6 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
- 7 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
- 8 5 new shop openings in Norwich to look forward to
- 9 Where you can see the Battle of Britain memorial flypast today
- 10 Care home which has sat empty for four years to be revived by new owners