Lowestoft Town 3 Tamworth 2
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Robert Eagle came off the bench to bag a brace and secure three crucial points for Lowestoft Town in a frenetic clash at Crown Meadow.
The former Norwich City midfielder came on at half-time to make the difference for the Trawlerboys, who deserved their victory over Tamworth.
The Blues hit the front midway through the first half through Jack Ainsley's penalty and they doubled their lead early in the second period through Eagle's tidy finish.
Lowestoft then imploded to concede two goals within a five-minute spell to turn the match on its head. Brendon Daniels' fine free-kick reduced the arrears before Michael Townsend headed home at the back post.
But it was Eagle who would have the final say as he capitalised on hesitation in the Tamworth defence to slide the ball home. He was booked for his celebration and would come to regret this in the last minute when he was shown a second yellow for a late challenge on Daniels. It mattered not to the result though as the Blues held on for a big win.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 4 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 5 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 6 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 7 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 8 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 9 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
- 10 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain