Lowestoft Town 2, AFC Sudbury 0
Lowestoft moved into the third round of the Championship Manager Cup thanks to two goals in a minute midway through the second half.
Both sides took the opportunity to field some fringe players, resulting in an open game played in a good spirit.
Although the teams played the ball around well, the final thrust was missing with little goalmouth action for the first 35 minutes.
Lowestoft saw the major share of the ball and their mounting pressure almost brought a goal with a forceful run down the right by Jamie Godbold ending with Dale Cockrill's close range shot coming back off a post.
Lowestoft continued to assert pressure in the second period with goalkeeper Fred Howe producing an excellent diving save to turn away Danny Bloomfield's 25-yard drive.
He then excelled again to knock the ball away from the head of Matt Halliday and Sam Gaughran was just too high with a header from Godbold's corner.
With 64 minutes gone, Lowestoft made a double substitution with Joe Francis and Joe Clark replacing Cockrill and Jamie Forshaw.
- 1 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 2 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 3 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
- 4 House boarded up after fight in Norfolk village
- 5 YouTube professional eater smashes 100oz steak challenge at Norfolk pub
- 6 Heatwave leaves dried-up pond like 'scene from sci-fi movie'
- 7 Norfolk spot named among UK's best waterside pubs
- 8 'Carnage' as fight involving axes breaks out after van crashes into house
- 9 Protests outside drag queen story event sees police called in
- 10 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
Six minutes later an excellent through ball released Clark down the inside left channel and the 17 year took the ball to the byline before pulling it back for Francis to slot into the net.
Less than a minute later Lowestoft doubled their lead following a misunderstanding between Tom Devaux and Howe which saw the keeper lose possession to allow Clark to walk the ball into the net.
Lowestoft travel to Cheshunt in the third round on November 30.
• Lowestoft: McLoughlin, Cave-Brown (Lovelock, 79), Cutajar, Woodrow, Gaughran, Halliday, Godbold, Fisk, Bloomfield, Cockrill (Clark, 64), Forshaw (Francis, 64),
• AFC Sudbury: Howe, Townrow, Fox, Henshaw (Brown, 79), Devaux, Adams, S Wareham, Saunders, Whittaker, Douglas (Darg, 85), Ifield (D Wareham, 71).