Lowestoft Town 1 Merstham 5: Trawlerboys handed beating at home
- Credit: Michael Sedgwick/Focus Images
Lowestoft Town were soundly beaten 5-1 by an impressive Merstham outfit at Crown Meadow on Thursday evening.
The Trawlerboys fell behind in the 16th minute as Marc Okaye put the visitors ahead and Omar Folkes capitalised on some charitable Lowestoft defending to make it 2-0 six minutes later.
The Blues were given some hope in the 25th minute when Jake Reed fired the ball home from the angle after good work by Shaun Bammant.
However, any hopes of a comeback were quickly dispelled in the 35th minute when Dan Bennett restored Merstham's two-goal lead.
The match was put to bed on the stroke of half-time when Alex Addai showed an excellent turn of speed to power past Harry Barker before firing home.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft improve in the second half but couldn't find a way through and Merstham compounded their agony two minutes from time when Michael Abnett made it 5-1.
The Blues will be looking to bounce back on Saturday when they entertain Staines Town at Crown Meadow (kick-off 3pm).
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 6 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 9 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 10 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival