Lowestoft Town 0, Tooting & Mitcham 0
Lowestoft Town endured yet more frustration at Crown Meadow on Saturday after being held to a goalless draw by Tooting & Mitcham.
The Blues got off to a fantastic start with Michael Frew looking particularly threatening up front but a combination of visiting goalkeeper Jamie Butler and the woodwork kept the former Corby man at bay.
Once Tooting had weathered the storm they started to make chances of their own and only an excellent save from Andy Reynolds prevented Jason Henry from giving his side the lead.
Reece Hall then provided a further scare for the Blues before half time when his smart volley cannoned against the post.
Adrian Forbes almost got the all important goal at the start of the second period while Joe Francis had a decent effort when he got around the back of the Tooting back four only to see his shot saved well by Butler.
You may also want to watch:
But the best chance of the whole match came in injury time when a great ball out to the left flank by Russell Stock found Matt Nolan, whose inch-perfect cross found Jamie Forshaw free inside the penalty area but his downward header was brilliantly kept out by Butler once again.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs