Lowestoft Town 0, Tooting & Mitcham 0
Lowestoft Town endured yet more frustration at Crown Meadow on Saturday after being held to a goalless draw by Tooting & Mitcham.
The Blues got off to a fantastic start with Michael Frew looking particularly threatening up front but a combination of visiting goalkeeper Jamie Butler and the woodwork kept the former Corby man at bay.
Once Tooting had weathered the storm they started to make chances of their own and only an excellent save from Andy Reynolds prevented Jason Henry from giving his side the lead.
Reece Hall then provided a further scare for the Blues before half time when his smart volley cannoned against the post.
Adrian Forbes almost got the all important goal at the start of the second period while Joe Francis had a decent effort when he got around the back of the Tooting back four only to see his shot saved well by Butler.
You may also want to watch:
But the best chance of the whole match came in injury time when a great ball out to the left flank by Russell Stock found Matt Nolan, whose inch-perfect cross found Jamie Forshaw free inside the penalty area but his downward header was brilliantly kept out by Butler once again.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 3 Man seriously injured after crash
- 4 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 5 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 6 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 7 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 8 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 9 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree