Lowestoft Town 0 Folkestone Invicta 2: Trawlerboys undone at home once again
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft Town slipped to a disappointing defeat at home to promotion chasing Folkestone Invicta last night.
Lowestoft got off to the worst possible start as they fell behind in the second minute thanks to a wonderful strike by Ian Draycott.
The Trawlerboys had the ball in the net in the 17th minute when Harvey Hodd fired home but the former Fleetwood midfielder had been flagged offside.
But Folkestone almost doubled their lead on the half hour mark when Ben Dudzinski spilled Sam Hasler's free-kick but Rossi Jarvis hacked the rebound to safety. However, the visitors did make it 2-0 before the break when a fine move ended with Joe Taylor firing home from close range.
Rossi Jarvis almost reduced the arrears before the break but saw his headed effort tipped over the bar.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft couldn't find the breakthrough and their misery was complete late on when substitute Cruise Nyadzayo was shown a red card.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 7 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner