Lowestoft Town 0 Folkestone Invicta 2: Trawlerboys undone at home once again
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft Town slipped to a disappointing defeat at home to promotion chasing Folkestone Invicta last night.
Lowestoft got off to the worst possible start as they fell behind in the second minute thanks to a wonderful strike by Ian Draycott.
The Trawlerboys had the ball in the net in the 17th minute when Harvey Hodd fired home but the former Fleetwood midfielder had been flagged offside.
But Folkestone almost doubled their lead on the half hour mark when Ben Dudzinski spilled Sam Hasler's free-kick but Rossi Jarvis hacked the rebound to safety. However, the visitors did make it 2-0 before the break when a fine move ended with Joe Taylor firing home from close range.
Rossi Jarvis almost reduced the arrears before the break but saw his headed effort tipped over the bar.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft couldn't find the breakthrough and their misery was complete late on when substitute Cruise Nyadzayo was shown a red card.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 4 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 5 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 6 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 7 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 8 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 9 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 10 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’