Lowestoft title rivals both win
Kirkley 1, AFC Sudbury 2: AFC Sudbury kept the pressure on Lowestoft Town by beating the Blues' neighbours with two goals from Sam Banya, despite playing three-quarters of the game with ten men.
Kirkley 1, AFC Sudbury 2
AFC Sudbury kept the pressure on Lowestoft Town by beating the Blues' neighbours with two goals from Sam Banya, despite playing three-quarters of the game with ten men.
Banya put the defending champions ahead after 22 minutes from a pass by Andrew Claydon - who spoiled his good work almost immediately after the restart he was sent off for throwing the ball at Paul Highfield.
Kirkley went all out on attack in the second half, bringing on two forwards at the interval, but Banya struck again on 62 minutes with a simple tap in following good work by Tommy Noble.
You may also want to watch:
In a grandstand finish Kirkley's Ben Goddard showed great speed and squared for Justin Chenery to slant in a deserved consolation goal.
Sudbury must now win at Norwich United on Saturday while hoping that Lowestoft - two points ahead with a much better goal difference - lose at home to Needham Market
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk