Lowestoft reject Gaughran bid
Ryman Premier Division promotion hopefuls Lowestoft have rejected King's Lynn's transfer bid for Sam Gaughran.
Blues' chairman Gary Keyzor confirmed last night the former Linnets' youngster will stay at Crown Meadow following a cash bid from the FA Vase semi-finalists.
'I can confirm that we have rejected Kings Lynn's offer for Sam Gaughran,' said Keyzor. 'Sam is a valuable member of our squad and therefore will remain a Lowestoft Town player as we enter the business end of the season, and our quest to gain promotion to the Blue Square League.'
Gaughran held talks with the Blues' management team at training last night with Lowestoft later releasing a brief statement from Ady Gallagher which read: 'Sam is very happy at the club.'
Gaughran has established himself in the Blues' first team in recent weeks following the injury to Greg Crane.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler