Lowestoft reject Gaughran bid
Ryman Premier Division promotion hopefuls Lowestoft have rejected King's Lynn's transfer bid for Sam Gaughran.
Blues' chairman Gary Keyzor confirmed last night the former Linnets' youngster will stay at Crown Meadow following a cash bid from the FA Vase semi-finalists.
'I can confirm that we have rejected Kings Lynn's offer for Sam Gaughran,' said Keyzor. 'Sam is a valuable member of our squad and therefore will remain a Lowestoft Town player as we enter the business end of the season, and our quest to gain promotion to the Blue Square League.'
Gaughran held talks with the Blues' management team at training last night with Lowestoft later releasing a brief statement from Ady Gallagher which read: 'Sam is very happy at the club.'
Gaughran has established himself in the Blues' first team in recent weeks following the injury to Greg Crane.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich