Trawlerboys sign another forward option as Godbold’s revamp continues
- Credit: Archant
Jamie Godbold's revolution shows little sign of slowing at Lowestoft Town, as Ismael Fatadjo becomes the latest addition to the Blues' revamped squad.
While the Trawlerboys lost star striker Jake Reed to local rivals Leiston late last season their new manager has set about finding an injection of goal threat to his squad.
Big striker Shaun Bammant was re-signed, Gorleston hot shot Connor Ingram has been brought in and former Diss and Wroxham youngster Ben Fowkes has also signed after a successful trial period.
Fatadjo is the latest addition to the attack, having scored four goals in 33 games for Gorleston in the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties Premier Division last season.
The 18-year-old has also been on trial during pre-season and scored twice in the Trawlerboys' 4-0 friendly win over Waveney.
Godbold said: 'Ish is another young, talented player with bags of potential that has come in and performed well throughout pre-season.
You may also want to watch:
'Gorleston have done a great job of supporting his development and he is now keen to challenge himself at a higher level which tells you a lot about his mindset.
'He is bright, forward thinking and gives us further options at the top end of the pitch.'
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 8 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 9 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 10 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
Having narrowly avoided relegation from step three of the non-league pyramid last season, the Blues have been played in the Evo-Stik Southern Premier Division Central this season, alongside King's Lynn Town.
Fatadjo is hoping he can contribute, having been part of the Norfolk Under-18s squad which won the FA County Youth Cup at the Bet365 Stadium last season, the home of Stoke City.
'I'm buzzing to have signed for Lowestoft,' Fatadjo said, speaking to the Trawlerboys' website. 'It's such a good club with great coaches and players that will help me develop into a better footballer.
'I just want to play and enjoy my football, and give the fans something to enjoy next season also. I will do my best to help contribute to the team. It's a new challenge and I'm really looking forward to it.'