Lowestoft Town 3 Leatherhead 1: Reed at the double against nine men
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft Town picked up three valuable points against a Leatherhead side which played 70 minutes with only nine men.
Jack Midson and Sammy Moore were given their marching orders within minutes of each other, both for complaining to the referee - and continuing the argument after being booked.
Jake Reed put Lowestoft ahead with his ninth of the season on 23 minutes, but the visitors levelled just before half-time when Lee Lee Minshull headed home.
On-loan striker Matty Foy showed some good footwork but his shot hit the side netting.
Five minutes after the interval Reed struck again, before Shaun Bammant, having been denied by visiting keeper Zaki Oualah, made it 3-1 with his first goal of the season after 62 minutes when he was played in by Reed and slotted the ball past the visiting keeper.
You may also want to watch:
At the other end, Minshull was denied by Ben Dudzinski, as the nine men of Leatherhead refused to give up.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals