Injuries rub salt into the wound for Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft's unbeaten run came to an end – but perhaps more worrying for manager Jamie Godbold was losing both Travis Cole and Adam Smith to what could be long-term injuries.
The Blues were on the back foot from the start – with just four minutes on the clock Sean Lucien crossed from the right and Jordan Kent headed back over keeper Elvijs Putnins, with Cole heading off the line.
But the reprieve was short-lived as Biggleswade went ahead three minutes later when a delightful cross from Lucas Perry was brought down by Joe White to slot past Putnins.
After surviving intense pressure Lowestoft equalised, out of the blue, in the 28th minute. Jack Wilkinson swung over a corner from the right and Cole came steaming in to plant a header past keeper Sam Donkin.
Lowestoft went close to taking the lead just moments later as Jake Reed pounced on a slip by Perry to go round Donkin, but the Waders defender recovered his ground to block the goalbound shot.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors were left to rue that miss just a minute later as Kieron Forbes forced his way past Connor Deeks before crossing for White to net inside the near post.
As the half-time whistle sounded Cole was obviously in some distress and was replaced by Rossi Jarvis.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 9 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 10 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
Biggleswade increased their lead in the 64th minute following some great work on the left by White who set up a simple tap-in for Bradley Bell. With the game in the final quarter Lowestoft started asking a few questions – Marcus Wilkinson tried his luck from 30 yards with an effort that deceived Donkin but crashed against the bar.
Biggleswade: Donkin, Bradshaw, Perry, Forbes, Gent, Longe-King, Lucien (Bell 60), Clark (Brooks 85), White, Bal (Williams 76), Nwaboukei, Subs not used: Walster, Allinson.
Lowestoft: Putnins, Curry, J Wilkinson, Barker, Tann, Cole (Jarvis 46), Pollock, Deeks, Reed, Fowkes (M Wilkinson), Smith (Fisk 15). Subs not used: Wren, Hughes.
Referee: A List. Att: 203.