Pelicans get a helping hand from Lovell
- Credit: Archant
Leading housing developer Lovell are sponsoring Pelicans Hockey Club for a three-year period.
Pelicans have worked tirelessly to get hockey back into local secondary schools following a very successful Quicksticks initiative with the feeder primary schools.
The club, which relies on sponsorship from local businesses to keep it running, has more than 230 members, aged from six to over 60.
Lovell has sponsored the club to the tune of £1,500, which has been put towards playing kit for the senior teams.
Simon Medler, regional managing director at Lovell said: “We work very hard to support local community groups and organisations as much as we can and that is why we are so proud to sponsor Pelicans Hockey Club.”
You may also want to watch:
Charles Lankfer, marketing and development manager at Pelicans Hockey Club said: “We are extremely grateful for Lovell’s generous contribution and the support we have received so far. As the years go on, costs are continuing to rise as our club is continuing to grow and we have found ourselves much more reliant on business sponsorship to help support the club.”
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock