Lotus’ Kimi Raikkonen plays it cool over replacing departing Mark Webber at Red Bull
- Credit: Archant
Kimi Raikkonen admitted Hethel-backed Lotus had been the perfect place for his Formula One return – but it may well be Red Bull that represent his future.
With Mark Webber's Red Bull exit confirmed, Raikkonen is the considerable favourite to fill the vacancy alongside his good friend Sebastian Vettel and leave a major hole for the Norfolk marque to fill.
Indeed, speculation Raikkonen will switch to Red Bull when his current contract at Enstone expires in the winter has been around for months.
Having been on the verge of a title challenge since his return from rallying for the 2012 season, the 2007 world champion said: 'I still don't know what I am doing next year. People will talk about it more now but it doesn't really make any difference.
'I've discussed it (a move to Red Bull) with certain people, but it doesn't mean there is a contract or anything like that.
You may also want to watch:
'It will not be an easy decision. This team has been perfect and without them I wouldn't be back in Formula One. And for sure, they got something out of it too.'
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 5 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 6 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 7 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 8 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 9 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk