CONAC member Iona Lake takes women’s victory in Lord Mayor’s 5K City Centre Classic
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Adam Visokay beat the heat and the rest of 197 runners to record victory in the Lord Mayor's 5K City Centre Classic on Saturday.
The Stockport Harriers AC athlete was just 10 seconds outside Paul Evans' course record, set in 2000, as he came home in 14:21.
Shaftesbury Barnet's Kieran Clements and Newham & Essex Beagles AC's John Beattie were less than 10 seconds behind between them, with Clements clocking 14:26 for second and Beattie's 14:30 enough for third place.
CONAC member and Commonwealth games finalist, Iona Lake, won the women's event in 16:33 ahead of Ipswich Jaffa's Helen Davies, who came home in 16:41. Sarah Astin (CONAC) was third in 16:47.
The race, which started at Whitefriars this year, immediately precedes the Lord Mayor's procession through Norwich city centre and provides an opportunity to race on a two-lap traffic free course.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 3 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 7 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 8 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 9 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 10 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region