London Triathlon joy for Norfolk athlete Kimberley Morrison
- Credit: Submitted
The excellent season of Norfolk triathlete Kimberley Morrison has continued with a ninth-placed finish at the London Triathlon.
Morrison, from Bale near Fakenham, was the ninth woman to complete the elite race – which is part of the British Triathlon Super Series.
The event is held in the London Docklands area around the Excel exhibition centre and sees 13,000 athletes race over two days.
Morrison's category competed over a 1.5km swim, followed by a 40km cycle and a 10km run and included two-time former world champion and Olympian Helen Jenkins.
The 27-year-old completed the swim in 22.12mins, followed by a cycle of 01:03.17hours and the run in 37.53mins for a total time of 02:07.36hours – 55th overall and the ninth woman to finish.
You may also want to watch:
It continues remarkable progress at the event for the Tri-Anglia member, having finished 21st in her age group in 2012, fourth in her age group in 2013 and 14th in the elite field last year.
It also continues an impressive season for Morrison, who retained her Olympic distance title at Norwich Triathlon, finished eighth at Ironman70.3 Haugesund in Norway and 10th at Ironman70.3 Pays d'Aix in France.
- 1 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 2 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 3 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 6 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 7 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 8 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 9 Caravan left dumped near beach for several years will be removed
- 10 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
The north Norfolk athlete underwent heart surgery at London's Great Ormond Street Hospital as a young child after being born with two holes in her heart but worked her way up to becoming a European age group champion in 2014. For more on her career, go to kimmorrison.tumblr.com.