London 2NE: Romford and GP 53, Beccles 19
Beccles took an inexperienced team down to face the London 2NE leaders and performed well to avoid what could easily have been a much bigger defeat.
Beccles started well but it was Romford who opened the scoring when they pounced on a loose Beccles pass to breakaway. Four more tries followed in the first half as Romford played some good rugby.
With Beccles 27-0 down at half-time this could have turned in to a big defeat if the young players' heads had gone down. However, they deserve credit for picking themselves up and putting in a much better second half performance.
Beccles opened the scoring in the second half. A good take at the line-out by Wilson was fed off the top. The ball was passed wide and Long found space to go over in the corner. Wade added an excellent conversion from the touchline.
Beccles kept the pressure up and a move from the back of a scrum put Hoffman in place to go over in the corner. Romford came back with a couple of tries before Beccles scored again. A precise kick from man of the match Harmer fell to Duruk who sprinted away to score in the corner.
You may also want to watch:
Wade added another touchline conversion.
Romford showed why they are top of the league as they added two more tries with some superb rugby. Beccles pushed for the try scoring bonus point they deserved but could not come up with the fourth try.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park