London 2NE: Romford and GP 53, Beccles 19
Beccles took an inexperienced team down to face the London 2NE leaders and performed well to avoid what could easily have been a much bigger defeat.
Beccles started well but it was Romford who opened the scoring when they pounced on a loose Beccles pass to breakaway. Four more tries followed in the first half as Romford played some good rugby.
With Beccles 27-0 down at half-time this could have turned in to a big defeat if the young players' heads had gone down. However, they deserve credit for picking themselves up and putting in a much better second half performance.
Beccles opened the scoring in the second half. A good take at the line-out by Wilson was fed off the top. The ball was passed wide and Long found space to go over in the corner. Wade added an excellent conversion from the touchline.
Beccles kept the pressure up and a move from the back of a scrum put Hoffman in place to go over in the corner. Romford came back with a couple of tries before Beccles scored again. A precise kick from man of the match Harmer fell to Duruk who sprinted away to score in the corner.
You may also want to watch:
Wade added another touchline conversion.
Romford showed why they are top of the league as they added two more tries with some superb rugby. Beccles pushed for the try scoring bonus point they deserved but could not come up with the fourth try.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 6 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon