London 2NE: Canvey Island 0, Lowestoft and Yarmouth 38
Lowestoft and Yarmouth turned in an impressive performance to return from Canvey Island with a five-point haul.
The visitors took charge from the word go, scoring six tries – four of which were converted by Russell Chapman – to consolidate their fourth position in the London 2NE table.
No 8 Marc Thomas led the way for Lowestoft and Yarmouth with a hat-trick of tries while the other scorers were winger James Gee, hooker Chris Howe and scrum-half Chapman.
• Swaffham turned on the style to beat Felixstowe 64-0 in Division Two of the Greene King Eastern Counties League.
Swaffham opened their account in the first five minutes but then had to wait for the floodgates to open. Three tries in the space of five minutes ended all hopes of an upset and the visitors eventually conceded 10 tries and seven conversions.
You may also want to watch:
Swaffham's back row of Potter, Bigland and Smith scored six tries between them, while the backs shared the other four, and the conversions were spread between Griffiths, Greenwood and Spencer.
- 1 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 8 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 9 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 10 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules