London 2NE: Beccles 10, Old Streetonians 13
Beccles' hopes of avoiding relegation from London 2NE are hanging by a thread after they were beaten at home by their fellow strugglers.
The visitors struck first with a converted try but the Bulls were back on level terms before the interval. Strong lineouts from Wilson and Coleman saw the perfect platform set and a strong line break from Wade made an easy two on one for Long to run it in, with Wade added the extras. The Bulls ended the half with Cooper getting a lot of quick ball and using it well but the efforts were kept out as Beccles made crucial errors.
The second half started in a similar fashion with back row combination Starks, Rix and Hinsley making good yards off the back of set plays, but the heat started to take its toll on the Bulls, who gave away silly penalties, one of which was converted by Old Streets.
Then the visitors started to make mistakes themselves, giving away a penalty well within Wade's range which was converted.
It was game on, but Beccles then made another error and the visitors converted what proved to be the decisive penalty. The Bulls now look to their last two games against Enfield and Hampstead which they must win to stand a chance of avoiding the drop.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car