London 2NE: Beccles 10, Old Streetonians 13
Beccles' hopes of avoiding relegation from London 2NE are hanging by a thread after they were beaten at home by their fellow strugglers.
The visitors struck first with a converted try but the Bulls were back on level terms before the interval. Strong lineouts from Wilson and Coleman saw the perfect platform set and a strong line break from Wade made an easy two on one for Long to run it in, with Wade added the extras. The Bulls ended the half with Cooper getting a lot of quick ball and using it well but the efforts were kept out as Beccles made crucial errors.
The second half started in a similar fashion with back row combination Starks, Rix and Hinsley making good yards off the back of set plays, but the heat started to take its toll on the Bulls, who gave away silly penalties, one of which was converted by Old Streets.
Then the visitors started to make mistakes themselves, giving away a penalty well within Wade's range which was converted.
It was game on, but Beccles then made another error and the visitors converted what proved to be the decisive penalty. The Bulls now look to their last two games against Enfield and Hampstead which they must win to stand a chance of avoiding the drop.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 9 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 10 Plea for farmers to engage with public over footpath fears