London 1N: Braintree 17, Diss 43
Diss shrugged off a sluggish start to eventually beat bottom side Braintree comfortably in London 1N on Saturday.
The visitors soon found themselves behind, Braintree pushing over for a try after being awarded a penalty for Diss holding on to the ball.
Braintree began to exert pressure on the Diss defence, but with good tackling from Peacock, Bliss, Holt and Winslett, the hosts were kept at bay.
Diss finally awoke from their slumber and started to move up a gear. After some fine forward play near the Braintree line, Deaglan Hall scored his first try of the game, Beaird converting.
Beaird and Holt continued to burst through the centre, causing Braintree some consternation, and from one such attack Beaird shook off two tackles to score under the posts, also converting his try.
Diss were still not taking advantage of the wind, until Hall went over for his second try minutes before the half-time whistle.
Diss started the second half much sharper, and within minutes of the kick-off Bray pushed over to score.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 3 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 7 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 8 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 9 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 10 Transport plans approved despite 'lack of' climate change measures
Braintree counter-attacked repeatedly until eventually they scored under the posts after a controversial penalty against Diss for handling in the ruck. Within minutes of the kick-off Braintree once again scored with a breakaway try.
Diss responded with pace and aggression, with Hall once again scoring with a stretch over try. Diss' pace was evident in the try by Wilby after good play from Seward, Beaird converting.
Hall rounded off the scoring with his fourth try, Beaird converting.