London 1N: Braintree 17, Diss 43
Diss shrugged off a sluggish start to eventually beat bottom side Braintree comfortably in London 1N on Saturday.
The visitors soon found themselves behind, Braintree pushing over for a try after being awarded a penalty for Diss holding on to the ball.
Braintree began to exert pressure on the Diss defence, but with good tackling from Peacock, Bliss, Holt and Winslett, the hosts were kept at bay.
Diss finally awoke from their slumber and started to move up a gear. After some fine forward play near the Braintree line, Deaglan Hall scored his first try of the game, Beaird converting.
Beaird and Holt continued to burst through the centre, causing Braintree some consternation, and from one such attack Beaird shook off two tackles to score under the posts, also converting his try.
You may also want to watch:
Diss were still not taking advantage of the wind, until Hall went over for his second try minutes before the half-time whistle.
Diss started the second half much sharper, and within minutes of the kick-off Bray pushed over to score.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 6 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 9 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 10 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
Braintree counter-attacked repeatedly until eventually they scored under the posts after a controversial penalty against Diss for handling in the ruck. Within minutes of the kick-off Braintree once again scored with a breakaway try.
Diss responded with pace and aggression, with Hall once again scoring with a stretch over try. Diss' pace was evident in the try by Wilby after good play from Seward, Beaird converting.
Hall rounded off the scoring with his fourth try, Beaird converting.