Loddon United have too much for fellow Anglian Combination relegation scrappers North Walsham
Loddon United 3, North Walsham 1: United secured their first league double and another massive three points against a team in the lower reaches of the Anglian Combination Premier Division and battling for survival.
The scoreline rather flattered the hosts but at this stage of the season it's about results. Loddon started well and Hancock's long throw forced a corner and Jones' kick was met by Durrant, the effort blocked on the line, and for the second week running, Baylis was on hand, close in, to supply the finishing touch.
With still only 11 minutes gone, Gary Summons got behind the Walsham defence and cleverly lobbed the advancing keeper for a composed finish to double Loddon's advantage.
And Summons did it again later; he produced a delightful finish in lobbing the keeper to extend Loddon's lead.
It took Walsham 10 minutes of the second half to get the lifeline they probably deserved. The ball was met with a delightful overhead kick which took the Loddon defence by surprise.
You may also want to watch:
But Loddon hung on to their points leaving Walsham six points behind and having played three games more.
Great finishing by Gary Summons and good endeavour by his strike partner Ayre, but Musker McIntyre MOM goes to the majestic Richie Durrant.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 8 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 9 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region