Loddon United have too much for fellow Anglian Combination relegation scrappers North Walsham
Loddon United 3, North Walsham 1: United secured their first league double and another massive three points against a team in the lower reaches of the Anglian Combination Premier Division and battling for survival.
The scoreline rather flattered the hosts but at this stage of the season it's about results. Loddon started well and Hancock's long throw forced a corner and Jones' kick was met by Durrant, the effort blocked on the line, and for the second week running, Baylis was on hand, close in, to supply the finishing touch.
With still only 11 minutes gone, Gary Summons got behind the Walsham defence and cleverly lobbed the advancing keeper for a composed finish to double Loddon's advantage.
And Summons did it again later; he produced a delightful finish in lobbing the keeper to extend Loddon's lead.
It took Walsham 10 minutes of the second half to get the lifeline they probably deserved. The ball was met with a delightful overhead kick which took the Loddon defence by surprise.
You may also want to watch:
But Loddon hung on to their points leaving Walsham six points behind and having played three games more.
Great finishing by Gary Summons and good endeavour by his strike partner Ayre, but Musker McIntyre MOM goes to the majestic Richie Durrant.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich