Location of Evo-Stik Premier Division King’s Lynn Town making it hard to sign players, says boss
- Credit: Matthew Usher
King's Lynn Town boss Gary Setchell concedes the club's geographical location is hurting his chances of signing new recruits.
The Linnets boss is looking to add to his squad after the recent departures of attacking stars Steve Spriggs and Dan Jacob. But try as he might, the Norfolk outfit's manager is struggling to convince players to sign for one of the Evo-Stik (Northern) Premier Division's most southerly-based clubs.
Setchell told Lynn's official YouTube channel: 'I've got the funds there to bring two players in and I'm working very hard.
'I'm trying to get some permanent players as well not just loan players. But it's difficult times. The truth of the matter is, playing for King's Lynn in the Northern Premier, with the budget we've got, is very difficult to attract players.
'We haven't got the three, four hundred pounds that previous managers had here to entice players. We're working to a budget. Being King's Lynn, where we're situated on the map, and being in the Northern Premier League, it's very difficult. I've probably spoke to 75 to 100 players in the last month. But I'm trying. There's no budget cuts and I'm working hard.'
You may also want to watch:
Setchell, whose team host Ashton United this afternoon, is hoping to speak to two potential new recruits next week after the seven-day notice of approach for their services has passed.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 4 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder