Local racers in close battle
Norwich's Jake Newstead and Alex Barkshire were both in action at last weekend's British Superbike meeting at Silverstone.
Competing in the Superstock 600 class both racers qualified on row six of the grid. Newstead, of Team Tinklers, pushed his Yamaha to the limit to take 13th place in the 10-lap race, just pipping Barkshire, who finished in 15th. Barkshire lies 31st in the championship standings with two rounds to go while Newstead is in 33rd.
Norwich's Anthony Rogers, who lies 14th in the series standings, failed to race.
• Swaffham brothers Will Smith and passenger Andy competed in the final two rounds of the Swan Combi F2 Sidecar Championship on their 600cc outfit, sponsored by Shelbourne Honda, at Silverstone.
In the first race they got off to a good start and fought hard throughout, remaining on the pace to cross the line in third for a podium place. It took the brothers 17mins 01sec to complete the seven lap race.
You may also want to watch:
In the second race their progress was slowed by the deployment of the safety car but they still crossed the line in fourth, just missing out on another podium place.
The pair finished ninth in the Swan Combi F2 Sidecar Championship on 45 points.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets