Local football round-up: Lowestoft Town lose out at home against Soham Town Rangers
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft Town continued their preparations for the new season with a 1-0 defeat at home against Soham Town Rangers on Saturday.
The Trawlerboys, who beat Waveney on Thursday evening in their first outing in pre-season, welcomed back former player Erkan Okay, who is assistant manager at Soham.
They showed the midfielder a little too much hospitality though as Soham claimed the victory as Lee Chaffey's deflected shot just before the half-hour mark proved the difference between the two sides. Armani Schaar came close to rescuing a draw late on but saw his effort go over the bar.
Norwich United, under new management team Garth Good and Dan Goffin, hit double figures against Blofield United. Liam Jackson hit four whilst Nick Hook (2), Damon Cooper (2), Angus Mackie and James Oliver were all on the scoresheet in the Planters' 10-0 win.
Wisbech started their preparations for the new season with a 3-1 win over Boston Town last Thursday thanks to goals from Eddie Buzacs (2) and Ryan Harnwell. However, the Fenmen found it tough going on Saturday as they went down to a 3-0 defeat against an impressive Kettering Town side.
You may also want to watch:
King's Lynn Town cruised to a 4-1 win over Mildenhall on Friday evening. Toby Hilliard, Michael Gash and Kieran Higgs were all on target for the Linnets in the first half with Luke Butcher replying for the hosts. Jordan Nelson, on trial from Leicester Nirvana, got the only goal of the second half when he followed up his own penalty, which had been saved.
Great Yarmouth Town claimed an impressive 3-2 win over Dereham Town. Goals from Ray Urry, Sean Perfect and Miles Palmer gave the Bloaters victory against their higher level opponents.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
Wroxham beat King's Lynn Town Reserves 3-1 at the FDC with Cruise Nyadzayo and Jordan Bond amongst the goalscorers.
Meanwhile, the Yachtsmen have boosted their backroom with UEFA A license coach Darren Moss joining the club as head of coach development. Moss' primary role will be to act as a mentor to senior and junior coaches at the club and the academy.