Local clubs in Vase action
A clutch of local teams turn their attentions to FA Vase action on Saturday, with the east coast clash between local rivals Gorleston and Great Yarmouth Town arguably the pick of the local matches in the first round proper.
Gorleston are up among the front-runners in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division while the visitors are flying high in the First Division.
Yarmouth will be boosted not only by their own form – unbeaten in 12 league and cup games – but also by a slight blip in the Greens', who have won just one of their last six in all competitions.
Norwich United, fifth in the Premier Division, are at home to Bowers & Pitsea, from the Essex Senior League.
Managerless Diss Town have good memories of the Vase, having won it in 1994, but their form is patchy and they face a difficult task at home to Eynesbury Rovers, of the United Counties League Division One.
You may also want to watch:
Rovers campaign at one level lower than the Tangerines, but are in form, sitting third in their table.
Thetford Town travel to Huntingdon Town, who are fourth in the UCL Premier, while Swaffham Town entertain Essex outfit Hullbridge Sports.
- 1 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 2 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 3 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 4 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 5 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 6 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 7 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 8 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 9 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 10 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
In league action, Kirkley & Pakefield have a trip to Stanway Rovers and will be looking to continue good recent form of two wins and a draw which has helped make up for a poor start to the season. Stanway are winless in their last four.
In the First Division, Dereham Town Reserves are the only Norfolk team in action when they entertain Cornard United.
The Magpies' second string have had a mixed start to the campaign, but face a team