Loanee Gary Mills’ season is over due to injury, says King’s Lynn Town boss Gary Setchell
- Credit: IAN BURT
Loanee Gary Mills' spell at King's Lynn Town looks set to be cut short due to a long-standing knee problem.
The Boston United midfielder has played through the pain since injuring himself on his debut against Grantham Town in September. But boss Gary Setchell admits it's now time for the 32-year-old, who missed Saturday's 1-0 home loss to Blyth Spartans, to get the issue sorted in time to make a comeback next term.
Lynn's manager said: 'Millsy has been trying to get himself fit but he's been playing with a sore knee and taking anti-inflams (painkillers) to get through games. He did see a different specialist and he was told to give it four to five weeks, and the only way to get him fit was to play. But it looks like his season is probably over.'
Mills, whose second temporary spell at The Walks was going to see him stay with the club until the end of the campaign, has made 20 appearances for the Linnets this term.
Setchell also told Lynn's official YouTube channel: 'He'll go away, get what's need to be done since he first injured it against Grantham all them months ago. He'll get himself fit, because it's limited his training and game time, and we'll see where we are with him next season.'
You may also want to watch:
Ex-professional Mills wrote on Twitter: 'Time to get my knee 100pc right, wasn't doing the team or myself justice playing injured. Thank you to the @PFA for helping me out.'
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 8 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer