Live like a pro cyclist for a year thanks to Pedal Revolution programme
- Credit: Archant
Three lucky riders will have the chance to live like professional cyclists for a year thanks to Pedal Revolution's new scholarship programme.
Three keen riders will have the opportunity to be fitted out on a top class bike at Pedal Revolution's cycle studio and use it for the 2017 season in a programme supported by this newspaper and Active Norfolk.
They will also benefit from Pedal Revolution's team of experts to help keep the rider, and their new bike, in tip-top condition.
'We just want to give three local riders the chance to see how far they can go,' said Pedal Revolution owner Neil Turner. 'Ideally you will have done a few sportive events or challenge rides. Perhaps you have started, or restarted, riding in the last couple of years and you are eagerly looking for a boost to help develop you as a rider. You can live like a professional rider for a year with everything that comes with that.'
One male rider, between 5ft 8ins and 6ft (size 56), will benefit from a full carbon fibre aero Cervelo S2 road bike, worth £2,500, and another has been earmarked for a female rider of around 5ft 6ins and under (size 48).
You may also want to watch:
There is also a medium sized Trek Speed Concept Tri and Time trial bike on offer for a male or female looking to develop their triathlon and/or time trialling ambitions.
'These are incredible bikes and will give your riding a huge boost,' added Turner.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 10 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
'We've got a team of experts on hand to help you achieve your goals. All we need now is three riders to take it on.'
Pedal Revolution has been part of the Norfolk cycling community for 20 years and will give away its 100th community bike as part of the Great Yarmouth Bike Project it launched in 2012.
This newspaper will be following the three riders' progress throughout the year.
The successful riders will need to be available for the Tour de Broads South on April 30 and Tour de Broads North on August 20. If you would like to be part of the Pedal Revolution Scholarship team then simply complete the online form at www.pedalrevolution.co.uk/scholarship-scheme. Entries are open now and a panel from Pedal Revolution, this newspaper and Active Norfolk will select the three riders.