Listen to the ninth Home Straight speedway podcast involving Olly Allen and Simon Stead
- Credit: Archant
A smaller than usual podcast has been served up by our regular speedway panel.
Home Straight – brought to you by the Eastern Daily Press and hosted by one of their sports reporters Gavin Caney – is usually a fortnightly offering, for fans of the high-drama two-wheel motorsport
Here is the ninth chance to listen to Caney and his high-profile co-hosts Olly Allen and Simon Stead, who are joined by special guest, Poole and Plymouth rider Kyle Newman.
In their latest bitesize offering, the trio discuss what makes a good team boss while Newman serves up on the show's finest interviews yet as he tells the story of how Derek Sneddon saved his life following an accident.
Recently retired rider Allen is the manager of the BSPA-backed national Poultec Speedway Training Programme and lifelong friend of Sheffield Tigers captain, Team GB international and guest Sky Sports pundit Stead.
You may also want to watch:
* This podcast was uploaded on Friday August 26
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 6 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon