Linnets surrender top spot after game falls foul of weather conditions
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Town surrendered their top spot after their game at bottom-of-the-table Gosport Borough was postponed owing to a waterlogged pitch.
Areas of Borough's Privett Park pitch were under water and after a 10.15am inspection and with more heavy rain in the forecast, there was little option left but to call off the game.
Slough Town are now top of the table, on goal difference, after a goalless draw at fellow promotion hopefuls Kettering Town, who are fourth.
Weymouth are in third place – on goal difference - after a 2-1 win at St Ives Town.
Those positions are likely to change again on Tuesday night when there is a full schedule of games.
You may also want to watch:
The Linnets entertain Bishops Stortford, who are currently 17th in the table, while Slough Town are at home to Gosport Borough.
Kettering Town travel to Redditch while fifth-placed Hereford United, 3-0 winners over Kings Langley on Saturday, are at Tiverton Town.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 8 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 9 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit