Linnets stalwart Back steps down as reserves manager
Robbie Back has had to step down as manager of King's Lynn Town Reserves.
Lynn's second string sit sixth in the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties First Division after a 1-1 draw at Downham Town on Friday night.
'After a recent bout of illness and added extra work commitments I no longer feel that I can give the full effort and commitment to the reserve team manager's job,' Back told the Linnets' website.
'It's a decision that I haven't taken lightly and have spoken with Ian (Culverhouse, first team manager) and thought that it was right to step aside.
'In my time of involvement I have introduced the woman's team back to the club and also worked hard to provide a strong link with the King's Lynn Elite set-up. I will remain in the background for the remainder of the season for advice and any assistance that I can offer.'
You may also want to watch:
Ashley Taylor takes over the reins until the end of the season with Adam Seal continuing his role as assistant, starting on Tuesday night away to Framlingham.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover