Linnets stalwart Back steps down as reserves manager
Robbie Back has had to step down as manager of King's Lynn Town Reserves.
Lynn's second string sit sixth in the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties First Division after a 1-1 draw at Downham Town on Friday night.
'After a recent bout of illness and added extra work commitments I no longer feel that I can give the full effort and commitment to the reserve team manager's job,' Back told the Linnets' website.
'It's a decision that I haven't taken lightly and have spoken with Ian (Culverhouse, first team manager) and thought that it was right to step aside.
'In my time of involvement I have introduced the woman's team back to the club and also worked hard to provide a strong link with the King's Lynn Elite set-up. I will remain in the background for the remainder of the season for advice and any assistance that I can offer.'
You may also want to watch:
Ashley Taylor takes over the reins until the end of the season with Adam Seal continuing his role as assistant, starting on Tuesday night away to Framlingham.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 5 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 6 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 9 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash