Linda, John share five Indoor Bowls County Championships titles
There were two multiple winners in the NCBA and NCWBA Indoor County Championships at Roundwood IBC on Sunday.
Pride of place must go to Linda Blake, who was a three-time winner – in the mixed pairs with Bryan Sadler, the mixed rinks with Colin Blake and Ian Wones and finally, after winning an extra end, the ladies pairs with with Carol Neave.
The other multiple winner was John Tuddenham, who won both the men's four bowl singles and the senior singles.
The quality of bowls was very high and there were some extremely close games, not least the men's two- wood rinks. Holding a six shot lead with two ends to play it looked good for Peter Winter, Ian Whiley and Steven Winter. However their opponents, Tony Dunton, Jamie Howlett and Rob Parker picked up two shots on the 20th end and four shots on the 21st end to force an extra end. A superb wood from Parker turned the end around to see his rink home by one shot.
The ladies singles was also a very close affair between Geraldine Reeve and Melanie Haylett. With the score 20-19 to Reeve and with Haylett holding two very good shots it took a superb last bowl from Reeve to turn the end around and take the win by 21 shots to 19.
You may also want to watch:
The men's senior singles was also a tight affair in which Tuddenham reversed last year's result by beating Tony Elvin 21-20.
U25 singles: D Seabourne 21 C Tite 4. Ladies singles: G Reeve 21 M Haylett 19. Men's singles: J Tuddenham 21 M Elliott 15. Ladies senior singles: M Himpleman 21 P Rolph 17. Men's Senior singles: J Tuddenham 21 T Elvin 20. Ladies pairs: L Blake, C Neave 16 L Barber, M Himpleman 15. Men's pairs: P Winter, S Winter 22 R Eglington, J Tuddenham 13. Mixed pairs: L Blake, B Sadler 20 M Harrison, A Manson 8. Ladies rinks: L Bennett, M Haylett, E Cole 21 A Leverett, N Emmant, M Himpleman 8. Men's rinks: A Dunton, J Howlett, R Parker 21 P Winter, I Whiley, S Winter 20. Mixed rinks: L Blake, C Blake, I Wones 27 B Wymer, E Cole, J Fruin 8.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
Trophies were presented by the county presidents Carol Swan and David Filby. The championships were organised by Lilian Barber and Alan Rowsell. The winners go on to represent Norfolk at the EBF National Indoor Championships at Newark from April 24.