Liam Walsh v Gervonta Davis: Loved in Ireland, but what will Copper Box crowd make of Gervonta Davis?
- Credit: PA
Gervonta Davis says he is ready for his first professional fight outside his native United States.
'In the amateurs I'm very experienced, I've been to Ireland, they love me over there,' he said.
Whether that will be quite the same as facing a 7,500-strong, largely home, crowd – including hundreds of members of the Farmy Army – is another matter.
Promoter Frank Warren knows the buzz that Walsh will get.
'I like fighters fighting in their home country, in front of their own fans,' he said. 'It is great to have the support but even more it gets more out of the home fighter. The home fighter has to dig even deeper because he is fighting in front of his mates, people from his town, his city. He doesn't want to embarrass himself and it gets more out of him.
You may also want to watch:
'Away from home in another country, sometimes the going gets tough – I have seen guys take the easy way out.'
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 9 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub
- 10 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend