Liam Walsh v Gervonta Davis: Heated exchanges between Walsh brothers and Floyd Mayweather at press conference
- Credit: PA
The talking is over – let battle commence.
Cromer boxer Liam Walsh carried out his final media duties this afternoon as he came head to head with Gervonta Davis for the last time before their world title fight in London on Saturday.
Walsh, unbeaten in 21 outings, is bidding to take the American's IBF world super-featherweight title home to north Norfolk.
Davis' mentor, Floyd Mayweather Jnr, has been a dominant figure through the build-up to the fight but prompted some heated exchanges with Liam's twin brother Ryan and older brother Michael.
Mayweather was left shaking his head, clearly upset at the comments that he opted not to fight in the UK during his own illustrious career.
You may also want to watch:
'I am not worried about his brothers - we have come here to kick his ass on Saturday,' he said.
Liam remained calm, listening as Mayweather took centre stage, as expected, but insisted he had nothing to fear from Davis, nor his entourage.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
'I am not intimidated,' he said. 'Not one little bit.'
Ryan defends his British featherweight title against Marco McCullough on the same bill – and says victory for Liam would be the ultimate dream come true.
'This is what we have worked towards all our lives and frankly, when he wins, well, we close the chapter,' he said. 'I have never seen Liam so happy, so strong, so ready.'