Liam Walsh fires out warning to Gervonta Davis ahead of world title fight
- Credit: PA
'I aint no Pedraza' – Liam Walsh's warning is loud and clear ahead of his world super-featherweight title fight against Gervonta Davis at The Copper Box Arena on May 20.
The Cromer boxer is deep into his training camp ahead of his clash against Davis, who is being promoted by Floyd Mayweather, and believes he has the tools to cause an upset in just under eight weeks time.
Walsh had expected his title chance to come against Jose Pedraza but the Puerto Rican was dethroned by Davis in January after a seventh round stoppage.
Walsh, 30, can't wait for his chance against Davis and insists he won't go the same way as Pedraza when the pair face off in London.
'Gervonta Davis is being touted as the next boxing superstar but no man is unbeatable,' said Walsh. 'When we get down and dirty we will see who digs in and who goes the extra mile.
'I aint no Pedraza.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 4 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 5 Car flips over in crash near south Norfolk village
- 6 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction
- 7 Norwich painter and decorator named best in the country
- 8 Emma Thompson backs Norwich charity which helped her daughter
- 9 Out of control dog attacked and killed sheep, court hears
- 10 OPINION: Delight when 'all you can eat' restaurants get their comeuppance