Liam Walsh fires out warning to Gervonta Davis ahead of world title fight
- Credit: PA
'I aint no Pedraza' – Liam Walsh's warning is loud and clear ahead of his world super-featherweight title fight against Gervonta Davis at The Copper Box Arena on May 20.
The Cromer boxer is deep into his training camp ahead of his clash against Davis, who is being promoted by Floyd Mayweather, and believes he has the tools to cause an upset in just under eight weeks time.
Walsh had expected his title chance to come against Jose Pedraza but the Puerto Rican was dethroned by Davis in January after a seventh round stoppage.
Walsh, 30, can't wait for his chance against Davis and insists he won't go the same way as Pedraza when the pair face off in London.
'Gervonta Davis is being touted as the next boxing superstar but no man is unbeatable,' said Walsh. 'When we get down and dirty we will see who digs in and who goes the extra mile.
You may also want to watch:
'I aint no Pedraza.'
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops project
- 2 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 3 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 4 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 7 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 10 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak