Lewis Denmark century sets up win for Norfolk Under-19s
Lewis Denmark hit a century as Norfolk Under-19s beat Lincolnshire by 156 runs at Skegness yesterday.
Norfolk made 263 for eight from 50 overs, Denmark making 100 from 83 balls and Will Bryan adding 45.
Lincs were bowled out for 107, with two wickets each for Brett Stolworthy, Will Dunger, Ben Coote and James Moy.
Norfolk Under-17s recorded their second successive ECB Champion-ship victory at Garboldisham on Wednesday, beating Leicestershire by four wickets.
The visitors posted a challenging total of 393, with Ashley Jarvis (four for 66) and Charlie Harkness (three for 74) Norfolk's most successful bowlers.
You may also want to watch:
Matthew Plater (87) and Jason Reynolds (55) shared in a stand of 134 in the Norfolk reply, before Harry Blackiston (79no), Jarvis (52) and Harkness (30no) steered the hosts to victory.
Norfolk U17s beat Northumberland in their opening match, with key contributions from Kieran Jones (three for 32), Will Dunger (41) and Josh McAvoy (38).
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
The U17s also beat Northumberland in an ECB County Cup match at Tynemouth.
Ben Flook (three for nine) and Jones (four for 24) restricted the hosts to 143, before Blackiston (40no) and Kristian Williman (51no) completed a six-wicket win.
Skipper Kieran Peters led Norfolk U12s to a three-wicket win over Suffolk U12s at Bury St Edmunds in the Jefferson Shield.
Suffolk were bowled out for 139, with Callum Futter taking four for 19 and Luke Marchant three for seven. Peters then hit an unbeaten 70 as Norfolk won with two overs remaining.
Norfolk U13 Girls lost by 97 runs to Nottinghamshire at Saxlingham.
Notts chose to bat first and made 157 for three, with a wicket each for Sophie Snowling, Emma Rogers and Aimee Palmer.
Norfolk were bowled out for 60 in reply, Lauren Hemp top scoring with 16.