Cringleford’s unbeaten run is ended by Taverham
- Credit: Archant
Cringleford's unbeaten run in the Leathes Prior Veterans League Premiership is over after they were beaten 3-2 by Taverham.
Kirk Bardsley, Jon Shannon and Matt Thurlow were all on the scoresheet to give Taverham a fourth win of the season.
Quebec secured a 4-1 win away at Attleborough. Jason Fletcher added a hat-trick to his collection to make it 14 for the season with Greg Harper grabbing the fourth.
Tavern Old Boys won for the first time in three games, enjoying a 4-0 victory at Mulbarton Wanderers. Andrew Cunningham helped himself to a brace with Nathan Ferguson and James Winter-Whitaker also on the scoresheet.
In the Championship, Thetford Town came out on top in the top of the table clash at Scole United, winning 3-1. Steve Crawshaw and Karl Pask scored the pick of the goals for Thetford. Wymondham Town and North Walsham Town played out a 2-2 draw. Colm McGilway was amongst the goals again with a brace for North Walsham.
You may also want to watch:
Easton St Faiths beat Sole & Heel 2-1. Lee Campbell and Edward Jack were the goalscorers as they sealed their side's fifth win of the season. Unthank Arms grabbed all three points with a 3-2 victory at Wensum Albion. The pick of the goals came from James Bennett and Peter Marron with Ryan Newell and Richard Powell on the scoresheet for Wensum.
In League One there was just one completed game, with Cottage and Costessey Sports playing out a 4-4 draw. David Youngs scored a hat-trick for Costessey Sports with Darren Edge completing the scoring for the away side. Cottage, though, scored four of their own with Neil Burrage grabbing a brace with Simon Gant and Osa Odeh also getting in on the act.
- 1 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 9 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 10 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
In League Two, Sheringham have now won eight games in a row as they beat Morley & Deopham 3-0. Paul Massingham scored a brace with Simon Robinson completing the scoring. Second-placed Hethersett Athletic won their fourth game of the season at bottom team Erpingham United 2-1. Micawbers Tavern moved up to third after a 1-0 win at Newsman Valhalla, Jamie Olney scoring.