League teams in Norfolk Primary Cup action
CROWN FIRE CENTRAL & SOUTH NORFOLK LEAGUE: Thetford Rovers Reserves consolidated their position at the top of Division One by beating Dereham Town A 4-2.
There was only one game in Division Three and Rockland Utd Res came out on top of that, beating Shipdham Res 4-2.
Diss Town A go to the top of Division Four after their 10-1 win at North Elmham Res and Mulbarton Wanderers Res edged past Nostro Res 3-2 in a very close game courtesy of a late penalty. The highest score of the day was achieved by Shropham Utd Res who beat the luckless Dereham Cockers Utd 18-1.
You may also want to watch:
In the two Norfolk Junior Cup first round replays, Tacolneston went through to Round 2 with an 8-4 home win over Ludham but Bridgham went out, beaten 2-1 at Stalham Town A.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 5 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 6 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 Former village pub for sale as home
- 9 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
Most of the second, third and fourth division teams were engaged in action in the first round of the Norfolk Primary Cup. There were some good wins for teams from the league with Colkirk beating Thorpe Village A 4-0, Breckland Wanderers winning 5-3 at Dersingham Rovers Res and Tugas Utd enjoying an emphatic 11-0 victory at East Ruston Res. Feltwell Utd beat Drayton Res 5-0 at home, Yaxham ran out 3-2 winners at Hunstanton and Mattishall A beat Blofield Utd A by the same score.
Morley Village beat Downham Town A 4-1 at home, Nostro had an easy 16-0 win over Briston Res and Wymondham Town A won by the only goal of the game at South Walsham Res. Sporle beat Ellingham 4-0 but two teams will have to replay next week after drawn matches. Stoke Ferry's match with Earsham was abandoned with the score at 1-1 following a serious injury to a player and Northwold S&SC and Rampant Horse shared six goals.
In all league matches, Bawdeswell beat Thurton & Ashby 4-1, North Elmham won 3-1 at Great Cressingham and Wendling beat Hethersett Athletic 2-1 after extra time. Scarning Utd got past Marham Wanderers by the odd goal of nine, Shropham Utd won 4-1 at Necton and Narborough Res beat Tacolneston Res. 3-0.