Leaders are too strong
Crusaders 12, Newmarket 53: Newmarket moved a step closer to the Eastern Counties Division One title with a convincing win against a much changed Crusaders side.
Crusaders 12, Newmarket 53
Newmarket moved a step closer to the Eastern Counties Division One title with a convincing win against a much changed Crusaders side.
The margin of victory does not reflect the home side's contribution to an end to end game of rugby.
Crusaders had some chances in the first half but found themselves 26-0 down at the break.
Newmarket continued to give Crusaders a lesson in finishing after the break, running in a further five trys. Tom Sandland and Darren Mear replied for Crusaders.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 4 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 7 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
- 8 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 9 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 10 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk
Elsewhere in Division One Fakenham rounded off their season by picking up a rare point from a 15-15 draw at Southwold while Thetford lost 63-10 at Cantabrigian.