‘Leader’ Kern signed to tighten up King’s Lynn Town
- Credit: Archant
Gary Setchell feels he has finally landed the organiser that King's Lynn Town's defence so badly lacked last season.
The Linnets' boss was never shy in admitting the club needed to plug the gaps in their leaky back four this summer. Yesterday he appeared to have found his fix in the shape of well-travelled Kern Miller – who lists Barnsley and Lincoln City among his former clubs.
Lynn's manager said: 'Kern is a good signing for us. He gives us options in the middle of the defence and it's no secret we had issues in that department last season.
'He is a leader and a great talker, really what we have been looking for a while now. I am pleased to have him on board at the club and I'm sure he will be a major asset to us.'
Centre-back Henry Eze is one of six players who has departed The Walks this month following the culmination of an Evo-Stik (Northern League) Premier Division campaign which saw Town slump to an 18th-placed finish – conceding a massive 81 goals in the process.
You may also want to watch:
Miller's arrival is a welcome addition with Setchell having indicated he was desperate to bring in rearguard reinforcements. The 23-year-old last played for same-level Belper during a term which also saw him feature for lower-level Lincoln United, Spalding United and Holbeach. Previously he has worn the shirts of Grantham, Worksop and Boston United.
In other news, the club have frozen admission prices for the fourth season in a row as they prepare for life in the Southern League Premier Division following the FA's summer shake-up.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
Wisbech Town have suffered a blow with their players' player and supporters' player of the season, Adam Millson, joining Spalding. The midfielder, who had a brief stint at Lynn in 2010, made 167 appearances in three-and-a-half campaigns. Also leaving are keeper Lea Jordan and Spain-bound winger Matt Lunn.