‘Leader’ Kern signed to tighten up King’s Lynn Town
- Credit: Archant
Gary Setchell feels he has finally landed the organiser that King's Lynn Town's defence so badly lacked last season.
The Linnets' boss was never shy in admitting the club needed to plug the gaps in their leaky back four this summer. Yesterday he appeared to have found his fix in the shape of well-travelled Kern Miller – who lists Barnsley and Lincoln City among his former clubs.
Lynn's manager said: 'Kern is a good signing for us. He gives us options in the middle of the defence and it's no secret we had issues in that department last season.
'He is a leader and a great talker, really what we have been looking for a while now. I am pleased to have him on board at the club and I'm sure he will be a major asset to us.'
Centre-back Henry Eze is one of six players who has departed The Walks this month following the culmination of an Evo-Stik (Northern League) Premier Division campaign which saw Town slump to an 18th-placed finish – conceding a massive 81 goals in the process.
You may also want to watch:
Miller's arrival is a welcome addition with Setchell having indicated he was desperate to bring in rearguard reinforcements. The 23-year-old last played for same-level Belper during a term which also saw him feature for lower-level Lincoln United, Spalding United and Holbeach. Previously he has worn the shirts of Grantham, Worksop and Boston United.
In other news, the club have frozen admission prices for the fourth season in a row as they prepare for life in the Southern League Premier Division following the FA's summer shake-up.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
Wisbech Town have suffered a blow with their players' player and supporters' player of the season, Adam Millson, joining Spalding. The midfielder, who had a brief stint at Lynn in 2010, made 167 appearances in three-and-a-half campaigns. Also leaving are keeper Lea Jordan and Spain-bound winger Matt Lunn.