Lauren Ryan struts her stuff for victory at Horseshoe Farm
There was a fantastic turn out at the Novice Native Show held at Horseshoe Farm, East Dereham on June 2.
Lauren Ryan and her bay Connemara, Canal Lorna won the in hand large breeds, Michelle Garrod with her grey Connemara, Brodella Fiontar were successful in the ridden large breeds and also took the red rosette in the open working hunter. The veteran Hearnesbrook Gelignite owned by Phyll Buxton from Kimberley looking super, was brought along to 'babysit' a couple of home bred youngsters, all went home with rosettes.
The following weekend 120 riders enjoyed a charity ride from Syderstone, with a choice of 5 or 10 mile routes along sandy and grass tracks, the going was perfect, �1,400 was raised for The East Anglian Air Ambulance. Among those enjoying the sunshine were the Connemaras, Wensum Partridge, Wensum Picaro, Mulberry Merlin, Estrella and Tawny Dun Tierney.
The next event is The Eventer Trial, with dressage and show jumping on Saturday July 14 at Horseshoe Farm, Dereham. All welcome.
• Lime Kiln Farm are holding a cross country and showjumping schooling day this Saturday. For just �10 per horse/pony you can book to have one hour exclusive use of the newly built cross country course or use of the indoor arena and full set of BSJA showjumps. Please call the office on 01328878282 to book your slot.
You may also want to watch:
Spaces are also still available for Unaffiliated Dressage incorporating UK Riders Regional Finals, on Sunday 17th. With walk&trot, prelim, novice and elementary classes on offer, there is something to suit all abilities. Please call the office to book.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 6 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 7 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 8 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 9 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 10 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats