Lauren Ryan struts her stuff for victory at Horseshoe Farm
There was a fantastic turn out at the Novice Native Show held at Horseshoe Farm, East Dereham on June 2.
Lauren Ryan and her bay Connemara, Canal Lorna won the in hand large breeds, Michelle Garrod with her grey Connemara, Brodella Fiontar were successful in the ridden large breeds and also took the red rosette in the open working hunter. The veteran Hearnesbrook Gelignite owned by Phyll Buxton from Kimberley looking super, was brought along to 'babysit' a couple of home bred youngsters, all went home with rosettes.
The following weekend 120 riders enjoyed a charity ride from Syderstone, with a choice of 5 or 10 mile routes along sandy and grass tracks, the going was perfect, �1,400 was raised for The East Anglian Air Ambulance. Among those enjoying the sunshine were the Connemaras, Wensum Partridge, Wensum Picaro, Mulberry Merlin, Estrella and Tawny Dun Tierney.
The next event is The Eventer Trial, with dressage and show jumping on Saturday July 14 at Horseshoe Farm, Dereham. All welcome.
• Lime Kiln Farm are holding a cross country and showjumping schooling day this Saturday. For just �10 per horse/pony you can book to have one hour exclusive use of the newly built cross country course or use of the indoor arena and full set of BSJA showjumps. Please call the office on 01328878282 to book your slot.
You may also want to watch:
Spaces are also still available for Unaffiliated Dressage incorporating UK Riders Regional Finals, on Sunday 17th. With walk&trot, prelim, novice and elementary classes on offer, there is something to suit all abilities. Please call the office to book.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 6 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?