Norfolk’s Lauren Hemp makes her full England debut
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk's Lauren Hemp made her full England debut as the Lionesses recorded an unconvincing 1-0 win in Tuesday night's friendly with Portugal.
The 19-year-old striker from North Walsham, who plays for Manchester City, came on as substitute for goalscorer Beth Mead with four minutes remaining.
Mead had capitalised on a goalkeeping error midway through the second half in the friendly in Setubal to help England end a run of five games without a win.
Patricia Morais dropped a routine catch from Alex Greenwood's cross and Mead pounced to smash in from a yard out. It had come moments after Morais had made a good close-range block to deny Jodie Taylor.
Claudia Neta almost snatched an equaliser when she hit the crossbar with a free-kick in stoppage time.
You may also want to watch:
Hemp was called into the squad at the weekend after Jill Scott picked up a knock in the 2-1 defeat against Brazil at Middlesbrough's Riverside Stadium.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week