Norfolk’s Lauren Hemp makes her full England debut
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk's Lauren Hemp made her full England debut as the Lionesses recorded an unconvincing 1-0 win in Tuesday night's friendly with Portugal.
The 19-year-old striker from North Walsham, who plays for Manchester City, came on as substitute for goalscorer Beth Mead with four minutes remaining.
Mead had capitalised on a goalkeeping error midway through the second half in the friendly in Setubal to help England end a run of five games without a win.
Patricia Morais dropped a routine catch from Alex Greenwood's cross and Mead pounced to smash in from a yard out. It had come moments after Morais had made a good close-range block to deny Jodie Taylor.
Claudia Neta almost snatched an equaliser when she hit the crossbar with a free-kick in stoppage time.
You may also want to watch:
Hemp was called into the squad at the weekend after Jill Scott picked up a knock in the 2-1 defeat against Brazil at Middlesbrough's Riverside Stadium.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover